Using a WFA TM in WFP or WFC
If you have an existing TM and you want to upload to the VLTM first and share it:
- Click on the first right button (five-coloured-dots) on Wordfast Anywhere toolbar and click on the blue link “Setup" following "TMs".
- Upload the TM file to your own Wordfast Anywhere account.
- Select the TM you would like to share, and click "Details".
- You can now see the Server URL. For example, if your TM is from French into English, it will look like this; there is nothing different in the URL: wf://FR>EN@188.8.131.52:47110
The most important part is the "unique confidential" Workgroup ID which will enable [only] you and whom you give this Workgroup ID to access the TM you uploaded to Wordfast Anywhere. Workgroup ID is case-sensitive, and only one letter or even case difference would make it non-functional.
- You can use the Server URL and Workgroup ID to use this TM in Wordfast Pro or Classic.
- For Wordfast Pro, ask your fellow translators to use the Server URL and Workgroup ID in their Wordfast Pro as "New" Remote TM.
- You can use the same data in Wordfast Classic in the VLTM tab but after removing wf:// part from the URL. So, in Wordfast Classic, the above URL will be: FR>EN@184.108.40.206:47110
- Needless to say that you have to make sure that your current project and TM language codes are matching.
If you have more questions about Wordfast Anywhere, you can join its Yahoo group.
--Yasmin Moslem 28 December 2011