Create a new user account
How to create a new user account
For troubleshooting some Wordfast Pro issues, creating a new user account could help.
Creating a new user account on Windows
1. Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
2. Double click User Accounts.
3. Click Create a new account in the Pick a task list box.
4. Type the name that you want to use for the account and click Next.
5. Select Administrator.
6. Click Create Account.
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
1. Open Control Panel from the Start menu (Windows Key + Q in Windows 8).
2. Double click User Accounts and Family Safety.
3. Click on User Accounts.
4. Click Manage another account.
Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
1. Click Create a new account.
2. Type the name you want to give the user account and choose Administrator.
3. Click Create Account.
4. Now when you reboot the PC, you will see the new users you created at the log in screen. Log in to the new user account you have just created and try to install Wordfast Pro on it.
Creating a new user account on Mac
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Accounts OR Users & Groups.
2. Click the lock icon to unlock it, and type an administrator name and password.
3. Click Add (+) below the list of accounts.
4. Choose a type of account from the New Account pop-up menu: Administrator.
5. Enter a full name for the account.
6. Enter the account password in the Password and Verify fields.
7. Click Create User.
8. Choose Apple menu > Log Out the current user account, log in to the new user account, and try to install Wordfast Pro on it.