Difference between revisions of "Wordfast Pro fails to install in Windows"
Latest revision as of 10:41, 11 October 2019
Installing Wordfast Pro 3 or Wordfast Pro 5 in Windows is easy: double-click the installation file you downloaded from our website and an installation wizard will guide you through the process in a few steps. Installation errors are rare. Here is some help if you see one.
Note that this advice can also help if you have trouble repairing or removing (uninstalling) Wordfast Pro in Windows.
You cannot install Wordfast Pro because the installation process quits, with an error message shown. The error messages we have heard about include these:
- The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available.
- The specified account already exists.
- Wordfast Pro setup ended prematurely because of an error.
The problem can be caused by various issues in Windows.
Try the following steps:
- Restart Windows and see if you can install Wordfast Pro right after you restart the system.
- Make sure your anti-virus program isn’t blocking the installation process.
- Download and use this Microsoft tool to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.
- The installation file was in fact on a local drive, rather than a network resource.
- As of October 2019, the tool should work in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7.