WFP5 installation fails because it cannot write ApplicationDescription to key
You cannot install Wordfast Pro 5 in Windows. The error message reads "Could not write value ApplicationDescription to key \SOFTWARE\Wordfast LLC\Wordfast Pro\Capabilities. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."
- Shut down all programs and restart PC.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and uninstall Wordfast Pro 5 if it's installed.
- Download the installer from our website and start a fresh install.
- When prompted for installation type, choose Everybody (all users). Finish the installation steps.
- Go to the Wordfast Pro icon on the desktop, right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is unchecked.
- Check the box "Run this program as an administrator" and press Apply.
- Press "Change settings for all users".
- Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Press OK for each window.
- Double-click on the icon to start the program.
Version: Wordfast Pro 5.7
Operating System: macOS
Updated by Star 20 January 2019