Difference between revisions of "Translating XML Files in Wordfast Pro 4"
Latest revision as of 11:49, 15 November 2016
XML files can be handled in Wordfast Pro 4 as follows:
- You first need to have/create a conversion rules (*.properties) file that tells what content to extract for translation.
- During the advanced project creation wizard, step 3, click on 'Create Filter Type'
- Choose the file format ‘Text based filter (*.xml)’
- Name the filter
- Click on the [Browse...] button to browse for the conversion rules file (*.properties).
- Make sure the ‘Extension’ text box indicates ‘xml’ and save the settings (OK).
- You can change the filter name later.
- You can now add the XML file with the newly created filter during the project creation wizard or to an existing project in Wordfast Pro 4.
This tutorial illustrates how to prepare a “conversion rules” (*.properties) file to handle XML files. If you are unable to create your own conversion rules file, please contact the Wordfast hotline by logging into your wordfast.net user account.
For practice, you can download these sample files.
--John 11:48, 15 November 2016 (CET)