Pre-Translation in WFP
Pre-translation generally means applying the TM(s) to one or more files as whole instead of moving segment by segment.
In Wordfast Pro, pre-translation can be achieved with either "Translate All" for the currently open file in the TXML Editor, or PM Perspective > Analyze with the “Pre-translate" option selected. The latter method is useful especially for multiple files or if you want to overwrite current translations in TXML files with new translations from a TM.
- Go to PM Perspective by clicking the last button on the left bar.
- Under "Analysis" tab, click "Add files" button.
- Select the folder where the file is saved.
- Make sure you select the proper filter; click OK.
- Select the folder or expand it to select a specific file.
- Select the TM.
- You can also select the option “Pre-translate" and set the percentage. Note: In TXML files, pre-translation overwrites any existing translations in TXML files if they have different matches in the TM, but does not remove translated segments that have no matches in the TM.
- Click "Analyze", and wait until the report appears; click OK to close it.
- If the files are not TXML files, this will generate TXML files for the source documents.
- Go Back to TXLM Editor Perspective.
- Go to the "File" menu and click "Open File" to load the file(s) whose extension is TXML.
- Translate as usual.