Difference between revisions of "Installing WFC (MS Word 2007 for Windows)"
Latest revision as of 20:44, 16 May 2016
These instructions are those who want to install Wordfast Classic in MS Word 2007. If you want to install Wordfast Classic in a different MS Word version, see How to install Wordfast Classic. If you want to install Wordfast Pro, see this page.
There are two steps to installation of Wordfast Classic into MS Word 2007:
- Adjust settings in Word 2007
- Install Wordfast Classic in Word 2007
Adjust settings in Word 2007
- Click the round Office button in Word 2007 and go to Word Options (see Image 1).
- Access Trust Center / Trust Center Settings (see Image 2) and then:
- Under Macro Settings, select Disable all macros except digitally signed (Wordfast Classic is digitally signed) and check Trust access to VBA project object model (see Image 3).
- Under Message Bar, make sure Show the Message Bar in all applications when content has been blocked is checked. Click OK (see Image 4).
Install Wordfast Classic in Word 2007
- Download the Wordfast Classic installation package and extract (unzip) it.
- Double-click the wordfast.dot file. If a security warning appears, saying Macros have been disabled (see Image 5), click the Options button and select Trust all documents from this publisher (see Image 6).
- Wordfast Classic installation will start automatically or you will be prompted to press a keyboard shortcut to start it.
- The installation is completed within seconds and a congratulation message is displayed. When you confirm the message, MS Word is restarted and Wordfast Classic is ready to work.