Connecting to IATE glossaries
Wordfast has uploaded publicly available IATE glossaries to our Wordfast Anywhere server so they can be easily accessed by Wordfast Pro users free of charge. The glossaries are set up as read-only, i.e. users cannot add new terms in these glossaries.
API keys to access IATE glossaries in Wordfast
To use an IATE glossary in Wordfast Pro, you need to create and account on Wordfast Anywhere, add the remote IATE glossary for your language pair, then share it and generate an API key. To make thing easier for you, we have created API keys for some of the most frequently used language pairs:
|Source Language||Target Language||API Key|
Setup in Wordfast Pro
To use the IATE glossaries in Wordfast Pro:
- Select and copy the API key for your language pair in the table above.
- From any open project in the Current Project view, click on the Project Terminology tab, click on the Connect to Remote icon, then the WFA Server tab.
- Give the glossary a symbolic name (whatever you want to call it, e.g. iate_fr_en for the French to English IATE glossary).
- Paste (using + or + ) the API key from the table above in the API key field.
- Change the Priority from Primary to Secondary.
- Click on Test.
- Click on OK.
Setup in Wordfast Pro 3
To use the IATE glossaries in Wordfast Pro 3:
- From the menu bar, go to 'Terminology > New/Select Glossary > TM List > Add then click on the Wordfast Anywhere tab.
- Give the IATE glossary a symbolic name (whatever you want to call it, e.g. iate_fr_en for the French to English IATE glossary).
- Paste (using + or + ) the API key from the table above in the API Key field.
- Click on the Test... button.
- Click on OK.
- You may also want to read on sharing a WFA TM or glossary with WFC and WFP users.