Difference between revisions of "Bilingual Unclean DOC from a TXML"
Latest revision as of 22:46, 16 July 2012
You can generate a bilingual (unclean) DOC from a Wordfast Pro TXML as follows:
- Download and install the latest version of Wordfast Classic (even the demo version).
- Open *a copy of* the WFP TXML in MS Word. (You have to use a copy of the TXML file as it will be modified during the process.)
- It is better to select a TM with the same language pair as the TXML file so that Wordfast will assign the correct language to the target segments.
- If WFC does not recognize the TXML file, press Alt+Down or click the "Next Segment" WFC toolbar button. (Skip this step if you automatically receive the following message.)
- Click "OK" for the message asking if you want to tag the document.
- Click "OK" for the message asking if you want to "Convert this TXML file to a segmented DOC file". Once you receive the confirmation message, close MS Word.
- Open the TXML file in WF Pro. From the "File" menu, select "Save Translated File".
- Open the target DOC in MS Word, press Alt+Down or click the "Next Segment" WFC toolbar button, and then close the open segment using [Shift+]Alt+End.
- Save the DOC file.