Splitting & Merging TXML Files
The Split/Merge option is useful for splitting a TXML file among multiple translators, and then merging the file back together again after translation. It is useful also if you have a very large TXML file that you need to split into smaller parts to avoid slowdown of some machines.
In this video, you will learn how to use the Split/Merge feature.
- Open the PM Perspective.
- Click the Split/Merge tab.
- Select the folder that contains the TXML file that you need to split.
- You have three split options: to split after a certain number of segments or words, or to split into a specific number of parts.
- Select the file and click Split TXML.
- A confirmation message appears.
- The TXML file is split into several TXML files with numerical suffixes, and placed in the same folder as the original file.
- After translation, you can merge those split parts back into one TXML file.
- Select the folder that contains the TXML file parts.
- Check the files and click Merge TXML.
- The selected files are merged and a confirmation message appears.
- The merged TXML files are placed in the same folder as the source files.