Wordfast Live Online Training Sessions
Wordfast Online Training Events
Do you need to learn how to use Wordfast efficiently, and how to get the most out of its diverse preferences? We are organizing online training events on Wordfast to help translators explore its hidden worlds.
Attending Wordfast training events does NOT require owning a Wordfast license beforehand.
Wordfast Pro 5 Beginner's Course — 20 & 27 November and 4 December 2019
Online course, consisting of a self-paced primer and 3 live sessions (total duration: 6 hours).
This training is devoted to setting up and using the general features of Wordfast Pro 5. Practical exercises will focus on creating and using glossaries and translation memories as well as other important resources. This course is for translators who are new to CAT tools or Wordfast or who have been using Wordfast Pro without any formal training.
Session 0: Self-paced (approx. 1.5 hours), to be completed before November 20
- What are and why use CAT tools?
- Segmentation, translation memories, terminology
- Downloading and installing Wordfast Pro 5
- Troubleshooting, tech support & user forums
- Translation and workflow assignments
Session 1: Wednesday, 20 November, 9:00-10:30 PM GMT
- Changes from Wordfast Pro 3 to Wordfast Pro 5
- Project creation and management
- Translation memories
- Tags and formatting
- Predictive typing: AutoSuggest
- Migration from Wordfast Pro 3 and Wordfast Classic
Session 2: Wednesday, 27 November, 9:00-10:30 PM GMT
- Concordance searches and TM Lookup
- Office, PDF and Live Preview
- Analysis and reporting
- Quality Assurance: Transcheck
Session 3: Wednesday, 4 December, 9:00-10:30 PM GMT
- TXLF Editor Filters
- TM and glossary editing
- Chain Files: translating multiple files as a single one
- Tasks in batch mode
- Preferences and customization
- USD 50 for Early Registration, before November 1, 2019 (GMT)
- USD 70 for Normal Registration, between November 1 and 19, 2019 (GMT)
Sign up to receive notifications about future training opportunities
- You are NOT required to have a Wordfast Pro license to attend this training course.
- Participants who attend at least two of three live sessions will be entitled to a 25% discount on the purchase of a new Wordfast Pro license at the end of the training.
- If you have a valid Wordfast Pro 3 license, you can license Wordfast Pro 5 for FREE.
- The course consists of 3 sessions and you should attend all of them; the above-mentioned fee covers all the sessions.
- Sessions will be recorded so that you can watch them if you missed any or if you want to revise them.
After registration, it takes about 24 hours to receive the webinar link via email.