Difference between revisions of "Wordfast AutoAligner"
Revision as of 13:11, 19 September 2017
You can use the free Wordfast Online Aligner (aka Wordfast File Aligner or Wordfast Autoaligner) for aligning source and target documents translated manually, without a translation tool, and creating a translation memory.
- Log into your [Wordfast Anywhere] account, at FreeTM.com, or register for a free new account if you do not already have one.
- Under the File tab, click on the Align icon.
- This opens a new page for the Wordfast File Aligner.
- Click on the Add files button, and locate the source and target documents, or drag and drop your files directly into the Filename box.
- You have an option that you can check if the document is multilingual. Wordfast File Aligner automatically detects the languages in your documents.
- After adding your files, click the Start upload button.
- Wordfast File Aligner processes the uploaded documents and auto-detects the languages.
- You can change directions of the alignment (source vs target) by clicking the "Swap Languages" button.
- Choose whether you want to download the TM now and/or receive it by email. You can also include formatting tags in the aligned segments.
- Click on the Align! button.
- Check your email inbox or wait for the alignment to finish, then save it to your computer. The alignment process creates a zip file containing the generated TM.
- The zip file includes an Excel (*.xls) file which you can edit and upload to the TM Converter (under the Wordfast AutoAligner Tools tab > "Convert XLS/XLSX to Wordfast TM") to regenerate a TM after you have manually edited the initial, automated alignment.
- It includes also a TM in the TMX format.
The TXT file is the Wordfast TM, which you can use directly in [Wordfast Classic] and [Wordfast Pro 3]. For [Wordfast Pro 5], you can import either the TXT or TMX TM into an existing WFP5 TM or import and create a new one. You can also upload your aligned TM for use in [Wordfast Anywhere].