Typing Smart Quotes in Wordfast Pro
Smart Quotes here also refers to other quotation marks and punctuation auto-correction, in other words, enabling Smart Quotes activates both Smart Quote and Smart Punctuation features. This feature should be enabled by default. If not, you can turn it on by doing the following:
- Open the Preferences.
- Go under General Preferences.
- Click on Segment.
- Tick the option Enable Smart Quotes.
Note: If it still is not working the way you want it to, please submit a feedback report by clicking on the Help tab > Feedback icon.
- Smart Quotes — Changes the quotation marks to smart quotes, depending on the target language.
- You can see how "Smart quotes" automatically change the English-style double quotes to double angle quotes used in Russian.
- Smart Punctuation — Changes white space and punctuation mark elements to those appropriate for the target language, with the exception of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean (CJK) languages and those that read from right-to-left (RTL), such as Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Urdu.
- In this example you can see how "Smart punctuation" works with Spanish question marks.
Note: The white space group includes spaces, non-breaking spaces, and white space representations: the middot and overring. The white space group also includes cases where an exclamation point or question mark exists in isolation at the beginning of the segment, sentence, or paragraph.
--Alina 27 January 2019