Translation of TTX Files in WFP
Version: Wordfast Pro 5 5.7.0.RC2. Operating System: macOS
Ask your client to pre-translate the TTX file in Trados even against an empty TM and send you the *segmented* TTX file to be able to open and translate in Wordfast Pro. You can even do this yourself in the DEMO version of Trados 2007.
Open Trados 2007 Workbench > Tools > Translate > Add (to select the TTX file) > (check) Segment unknown sentences > Translate. (A demo version of Trados should be enough for doing this yourself.)
- Right-click the "segmented" TTX and select to open it in Wordfast Pro, or open Wordfast Pro > File menu, and select Open File.
- It will ask you to create a project for you if the current one has different language locales.
- Select the required TM: Translation Memory menu > Add Local > Open to browse for your TM (or New if you do not have one).
- Place the cursor in the target cell and click Clear Target > Clear All Target to remove the copied source.
- Type the translation and click Next Segment to commit (store) it into the TM and move to the next segment.
- While translating, make sure you enter the tags in their proper places. See Copy Tags from Source Segments for more information.
- Continue translation until the end of the file, click Commit All to make sure you have only violet colors.
- When you finish the translation, select File menu > Save File As Translated to have the (bilingual) translated TTX file that you have to send back to your client.
– Updated by Byron 01/10/2019