Difference between revisions of "Installing WFC (MS Word 2010 for Windows)"
Latest revision as of 18:49, 16 May 2016
These instructions are those who want to install Wordfast Classic in MS Word 2010 for Windows. If you want to install Wordfast Classic in a different MS Word version, see How to install Wordfast Classic. If you want to install Wordfast Pro, see this page.
Important: there are two Office 2010 flavours you should avoid if you want to install Classic:
- The Starter Edition - it doesn't include VBA, a vital component for Wordfast Classic; and
- The Office 2010 Click-to-Run installation form - known trouble maker with add-ins.
There are two steps to installation of Wordfast Classic into MS Word 2010:
- Adjust settings in Word
- Install Wordfast Classic in Word
Adjust settings in Word 2010
- Go to File / Options in Word 2010.
- Under Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings button and then adjust these settings:
- If you see an expired entry for Wordfast LLC under Trusted Publishers, select it, and click the Remove button.
- Under Trusted Locations, the Startup folder should be listed and the boxes at the bottom of the tab should not be ticked.
- Under Add-Ins, make sure Disable all Application Add-ins is not ticked.
- Under Macro Settings, select Disable all macros except digitally signed macros and tick the box labelled Trust access to the VBA object model.
- Under Message Bar, select Show the Message Bar in all applications...
- Click OK twice to confirm both dialogues open in Word.
Install Wordfast Classic in Word 2010
- Download the Wordfast Classic installation package and extract (unzip) it.
- Double-click the wordfast.dot file.
- If MS Word warns you the file originates from the Internet and might be unsafe, click Enable editing.
- If a security warning appears, saying Macros have been disabled, click the very message saying Macros have been disabled, rather than the small Enable content button. Click the larger Enable content button and select Advanced options. Tick Trust all documents from this publisher and click OK.
- Wordfast Classic installation will start automatically or you will be prompted to press a keyboard shortcut to start it.
- The installation is completed within seconds and a congratulation message is displayed. When you confirm the message, MS Word is restarted and Wordfast Classic is ready to work.