How to install Wordfast Pro
To be able to successfully install and use WFP, your computer system must meet the system requirements detailed under Specifications at the Wordfast Pro webpage.
Windows, follow these steps:
- Double click on the downloaded MSI file and follow the installation wizard.
- Make sure to install for “all users”.
If installation fails, see some advice on why Wordfast Pro fails to install in Windows.
Mac, follow these steps:
- After downloading Wordfast Pro, double-click on the downloaded installer to open the installation wizard.
- Drag the Wordfast Pro.app file onto the Applications folder.
- Open a Finder window and, on the lefthand column, click on the Eject button under Devices to close the installer.
If you get a message saying “An older item named Wordfast Pro.app already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the newer one you’re moving?”, click on Replace.
- WFP version 5.10 and above require a 64-bit version of Windows
- MacOS 10.11 or newer is required.
- If you click on Keep Both, you will have multiple installations of the same software and likely get confused. To be on the safe side, you can always keep previous versions of the installer file in case you need to revert back to a previous version.