How can I install and license my Wordfast?
This article offers quick instructions how to activate the license in Wordfast programs. Follow the links to learn more about some of the steps.
Note: The Wordfast licensing terms and conditions are set in the Wordfast End-User License Agreement (EULA). It's a short, useful document. Make sure you read it.
Log in to your account at our website (www.wordfast.net) and download the latest version of Wordfast Classic. The download is a ZIP file and contains both the program file (Wordfast.dot) and installation instructions (WFReadMe.doc).
Extract (unzip) the ZIP file and then follow the instructions in the WFReadMe file and/or see How to install Wordfast Classic.
When you start using Wordfast Classic (6.0 or newer) in MS Word on your computer, it will license itself automatically, supposing your computer has internet access. The status of your license should be shown on the [?] tab in Wordfast Classic.
For details about Wordfast Classic licensing, see how to license Wordfast Classic.
To use Wordfast Pro (version 4 or newer) in the full mode, follow these steps: First, if Wordfast Pro isn't installed on your computer, download and install it. Second, activate your license in Wordfast Pro on your computer.
Wordfast Pro 3
To use Wordfast Pro 3 (WFP3) in the full mode, follow these steps: First, if WFP3 isn't installed on your computer, download and install it. Second, activate your license in Wordfast Pro 3 on your computer.
Once installed, to license Wordfast Server, follow these steps:
- Log in at Wordfast website (www.wordfast.net) with your login email and password.
- Click License/Relicense/Renew.
- If there is more than one license in the list, select a valid Wordfast Server license by clicking on the circle in the lefthand column. The activation key will be generated for that license.
- Start Wordfast Server, click the Setup tab, then click 'General'.
- Copy the twelve-character install number from Wordfast Server and paste it in the www.wordfast.net form.
- Type in the version number on the www.wordfast.net form as it is written in the title bar of Wordfast Server (e.g. 126.96.36.1997c), without any hyphen and bit number (e.g. “- x64”).
- Click on "Generate License" to obtain a license.
- Copy, then paste the license number into the WFServer License textbox, click the 'Activate' button. The red Demo mode warning should stop flashing, and the License textbox should now have a white background. You may need to restart Wordfast Server.
Manuals and Help
- Refer to the Wordfast Classic 8.x user manual.
- Click the icon in the top right corner of the application to access the online WFP Help Site.
- Watch the Translating with Wordfast Pro video.
Wordfast Pro 3
- Go to Help > Online Help menu in the application to access the online WFP3 Help Site.
- Watch the WFP3 Step by Step Translation Session video.
- Read the manual included in WFS download and get quick start guides at the Wordfast Server webpage.
- Watch the How to setup Wordfast Server for use with Wordfast Pro video.
- Search this wiki and subscribe to the Wordfast YouTube Channel.
- If none of this helps, contact the Wordfast support team.
- If you don't see this button right after login on the website, go to support / my account menu on the website.